Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life is unfair!


As I tossed and turned for the last two hours in bed dealing with a heavy heart. I decided to get on and try some stress relief writing. I just found out my beautiful cousin is in her final stages of her battle with colon cancer. She is a mere 36 years old. Just recently remarried. Has four beautiful children. I remember when she came into my life. I was around nine years old my uncle was going to marry her mother. She has two sisters. I was so excited to have some new cousins and girls! I only had one other on that side of the family. We had so much fun growing up together. I will always remember her as shy, loved to read,very funny,she had the most beautiful long dark hair(I was so jealous of),amazing complexion, great confidante and sweet. She lost her mother at the tender age of 13 to cancer. (also one of her sisters passed away at the young age of 24 to cancer) When she was 18 she had a falling out with my uncle so, we lost track of each other over the years but, had just recently reconnected through emails. We had spoke of getting together but never did. My heart aches for her and her family! They are trying to stabilize her enough so she can go home and die. She is currently incoherent and it doesn't sound like she will make it home. I just ask that everyone say a little prayer for her family, to prepare them for their long hard journey and the possibility of losing a wife, mother, sister, and friend.

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. I tell you, I HATE CANCER so much. I said a prayer for her and the family.
    I also am signing up to follow your pretty blog.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so heart breaking to here, the big C to run in the family at such young ages is just wrong, sending hearts and prayers to you and your extended family.

    And thank you for stopping by the other day, and your kind words, now I have found you....hmm, hmm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

    Hugs
    Kirstie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to read about your cousin, I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
    I also would like to thank you for visiting my blog, it was such a sweet surprise. Your bog is lovely! We seem to have the same taste in decorating,I have at red door too and have painted inside many of my rooms yellow and green. I love the color red. Also your dresser re-do came out beautifully, I also had a old dresser very much like yours and painted it white.
    I am going to add you to my "Lovely Blogs I Visit".
    Take care and enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Traci,
    I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. She is so young. I do feel your pain. Cancer invaded our family this year too, my youngest sister. She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. Sending you and your cousin's family a prayer for strength and peace. Keep strong!

    Blessings,
    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry!! That is just such a tragedy. On a lighter note thanks for the visit and I wanted to tel you I don't think your kitchen looks that bad and also the vanity in your guest bedroom looks alot like the one I have in my bedroom(;
    Hugs~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What heart breaking news this is. Of course I will keep her and her family, as well as YOU in my prayers. I wish I had some words to help ease the pain but we both know there isn't any.

    I'm very happy you stopped by my blog and congrats on your weight loss too! I'm happy to have found your blog and will put you down as a favorit of mine.

    Big hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Traci,
    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. My sister Lucy is still with us. She is going through chemotherapy, which today is her last session. Then she will be starting on radiation. Doctors are very optimistic...but it sure has taken it's toll on her and our whole family. I truly am sorry about your cousin. It is always so difficult knowing what to say in situations like this. I believe she will be in a better place, but it is the family she leaves behind that breaks my heart. I'll be praying for them and you. Please keep strong.

    A big hug,
    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for stopping by and saying hello, Traci! I am so terribly saddened to read about your dear cousin. She is so young...too young! My thoughts and prayers are with you, your cousin, and all of her loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so very sorry to hear about your cousin....mine died from cancer several years ago. I have eight, but she was the only one I was close to....That darn cancer...it's such a horrible thing. It seems no family is untouched by its horrors.

    I will, indeed, pray for your cousin, her family and YOU!

    Hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Traci, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I really enjoyed yours also and your house is really lovely! So much character! My thoughts and prayers are with you for your cousin. My sister went through colon cancer 2 years ago but is doing well but hate to think what might have happened. Your cousin is too, too young!
    ~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. She is so young... That just broke my heart. My prayers are with her and her family. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Any comments are loved! So feel free.